President - United Way of Greater Niagara
The President will report to and work collaboratively with the Board of Directors in leading United Way of Greater Niagara (UWGN). Specifically, he/she will ensure that UWGN general operations, fiscal operations, public policy, fundraising, marketing, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the organization. Additionally, it is expected that the President has the ability to work effectively with elected officials, executive branches of government, statewide organizations, other non-profits, community organizations and businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Serve as chief operations officer of UWGN.
* Ensure implementation of the organization’s strategic plan.
* Manage the organization’s staff.
* Manage and oversee contracts to which the organization is a party
* Manage and oversee Union negotiations and contracts
* Maintain positive, on-going communications and services with UWGN’s membership.
* Serve as the primary staff member to the Board of Directors and all Board committees.
* Oversee Staff to serve as Corresponding Secretary of the Board of Directors and maintain official minutes of Board of Directors and other official meetings of UWGN. Ensure a secure environment for all files, legal and historic documents, membership and mailing lists.
* Develop and maintain positive relations with statewide agencies and state department officials, including representatives of the Governor’s Office.
* Oversee the development of the UWGN’s annual budget for Board approval.
* Examine and approve all expenses written on the organization’s accounts.
* Serve as the organization’s spokesperson to all groups, media and other entities.
* Maintain communications, relationships and explore collaborative opportunities with United Way Worldwide and other United Way state organizations.
* Guide public policy activities and serve as one of the organization’s legislative advocates.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
The President will directly supervise UWGN employees in accordance with the organization's policies and all applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The President must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including legislative, legal and financial statements. The President must be an effective communicator with the ability to write media releases, public presentations and general agency statements in addition to making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to top management, public groups and agency/company leaders or Board of Directors. The President must have the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. The President will maintain positive interactions with legislative, business, nonprofit, governmental and community leaders at all times.
The President shall be willing to travel throughout the state on behalf of the agency and its membership.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of five years successful and progressive experience in a professional capacity is required, and three years of supervisory experience is necessary. Previous Union negotiation and contract management preferred.
Compensation commensurate with experience
All candidates will be subject to a background and credit check.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, including salary requirements to CEO.UWGN@gmail.com or mail directly to:
The United Way of Greater Niagara
ATTN: Search Committee
C/O 750 Main St.
Niagara Falls, NY 14301
All submissions must be postmarked by Saturday, October 15th, 2016. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE UNITED WAY OF GREATER NIAGARA.